How To Be Swimwear Ready For Miss South Carolina & Other Beauty Pageants

Most of you know who I am, but for those of you new readers to my blog, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Justin Bowers, "Greenville's Personal Trainer". I've been helping Upstate South Carolina residents with 1 on 1 personal training for several years now. I've established a name for myself not only because I come to my client's homes and bring the equipment, but I also get results.

I've developed a reputation of refusing to work with those who don't put in the work. My voicemail inbox will tell you how unhappy my former clients are, but I only work with those who want to succeed and have the drive to push themselves as far as their body will let them.

Eventually this led to me working with young ladies who depend on their bodies being in the best shape. Not only do they WANT to workout, they push themselves hard because it's their job to be in shape or they have a beauty competition fast approaching. That being said, I began working with a model who then referred me to her other model friends after the great results I got her. After a few more introductions, I began working with beauty pageant girls here in the Upstate of SC.

I began researching pageants and what the judges look for in the competitors. Which muscle groups they pay attention to in the swimwear presentations. Studying the dynamics of past winners and what their fitness regimens were. I contacted top swimsuit girls and inquired about their diet. From there, I started transferring this information into a set program that I know will get results.

From the strict caloric intake to the 3 a day workouts (only when it's close to pageant time!) my routine for my girls became set. Suddenly, my clients started winning local competitions. Then going on to compete for Miss Upstate. Then lo and behold-- Miss SC. THAT is a big deal to not only myself as a fitness pro, but to my clients who put in the extremely hard work to get there. When I realized that my program started getting not just results, but the distinct attention from the judges, I honed my program even more.



The days of starving yourself for pageants is over. 20 years ago, a beauty queen could survive on water and rice cakes for a few weeks and win a competition with her pale, sickly frame. Not anymore. The competition judges have taken note and now look for lean, long muscle tone. They look for toned, healthy midsections-- not starved rib-hugging skin that you can play the xylophones on.

This isn't just a theory. This is a precedent. Take a look at past pageant competitions from 20 plus years ago. Look at the contestants' quadriceps-- the front of the leg. Not many girls had the "pop" of the muscle tone. They just had long, skinny legs. Now look at current winners. Miss SC Teen 2013 has been doing some SERIOUS lunges and squats-- and I promise you she used lots of resistance.

Don't be afraid of lifting weights. Do you want to be skinny or do you want to be lean this pageant season? Think about it.

If you want to workout with Greenville's Personal Trainer, call me at 864-631-3498. Visit my site at http://www.befitonline.com to check out some of my video testimonials. I'll get you where you need to be and then the sky is the limit!

1 comment:

  1. nice blog
    thanks for sharing information.

    VLCC Facials.VLCC’s extensive range of facials is custom made to gift you the radiant, flawless, toned and supple skin that you always dreamt of.

    ReplyDelete