Why Your New Year's Resolution Will Probably Fail



I don't consider myself a pessimist in the least.  I do, however, look at the reality of certain situations.  The reason I get results time and time again with my clients is because I don't sugar coat anything.  If something needs to be said, I say it.  And now, I'm saying one of those things that we all know is true but don't want to admit.  You will probably not live up to your new year's expectations.  Let me repeat that.


You will probably not stick to your new year's resolution for the long-term.

It pains me to say, but this January I will sit down with dozens of people who, by March, won't even be thinking about weight loss or fitness.

The most common new year's resolutions generally deal with health & fitness, among others.  Some other popular resolutions are related to money or career.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully you can use this as a positive influence on your life.  If you're not making your health and fitness a priority right now this very moment, you will probably fail when January comes and think you're going to be serious about it.

You need to have systems in place, a routine down, and the motivation to want to do it on a daily basis.  In a world full of procrastinators, next week is the best time to get anything done.

"Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow?"

A drunken vow is a lot different when you actually have to wake up on Monday morning and commit to what you said.  Don't make it a secondary thought.  Make it a priority and STICK TO IT!
A drunken promise on New Year's Eve is a lot different than actually putting in the work.
 

If you lay out a plan and systematically work toward that purpose, then nothing can stand in your way.  Determination is your driving force and obstacles are only a minor setback.  Don't wait until January 1st to think about what you want to accomplish in life.  Because you'll be trying to accomplish the exact same thing next year at the same time.  Make it now, make it today.  Make it you.

No comments:

Post a Comment