Everything You Need To Know About Abs-- Part 1



One thing that I've always prided myself on was giving you all of the information that you ever needed when you need it.  I'm not some fitness guru trying to sell you my FITNESS SUCCESS E-BOOK, I'm just a normal guy who likes to get the whole truth up-front with no B.S. surrounding it.  I bet you're just like me in that respect.  Am I right?

Last week I received a phone call from a "doctor" who wanted to meet with me and team up on fitness seminars and wellness classes.  I'm down!  So, when I arrived to the coffee shop and saw the "doctor" sitting at a table with DVDs and brochures laid out, I knew this was going to be some run-around bull.  Guess what?

I was right.

Turns out, it had nothing to do with fitness classes.  Instead, I was asked to pay a ONE TIME FEE of only $169 to have my very own website to sell this great company's supplements!  No thanks.  I bailed.  I'm not one to take part in any multi-level marketing scheme.  Most of the time, those representing these MLM companies have to hide the fact up-front that it's an MLM business because they know you'll turn around and run.  So they take the sneaky route and decide to trap you in a meeting first and prey on your weaknesses.

Not me.  I was out of there.  But, I digress!  Back to my original point, I like to receive my information from one source all in one place with no bells or whistles.  No "sneak peek now just to fork out some cash to get the full monty".

So now I, Justin Bowers (Yes, I linked my name to my Twitter account.  I'm a shameless self-promoter.  Follow me, you know you want to!) present to you:

The truth about getting a flat stomach.  NO BELLS OR WHISTLES.  Just facts.  Ready?  Sit back, hold on and ease the vehicle into drive.  It's time to take off!

First, let's establish what the abs truly are.  The abdominus rectus (abs) runs from the middle of the ribcage to the top of the pubic bone.  There is a common misconception that the abs are made up of several muscles.  When, in fact, it's just one sheet of muscle that spreads out and looks like several muscles clinked together.  This is referred to (WARNING, LARGE WORD ALERT!) as tendinous inscriptions!  These inscriptions give the muscles that "six pack" look that everyone craves.  Cool story, bro!


So, if the abs are one muscle, why do you target certain areas with some exercises?

Why did I just ask a question to myself?  Anyway, yes, you DO have one muscle in the ab region.  However, the exercises target the entire ab muscle.  You will just feel it a little bit more in certain areas--i.e. lower or upper abs.

The abdominals combined with your side muscles, i.e. your obliques, make up your CORE.  Your lower back (erector spinae muscles along the spine) also makes up the core.  Whenever you train your abs, you should always train your obliques and lower back!



If you've been reading my blog long enough, then you know that you cannot spot-treat fat loss.  In other words, you can't say "I want to lose all the fat on my stomach".  The fat generally disappears wherever it does, and that's that!  Take it or leave it!  Most people lose their last bits of fat in the thighs, butt, and midsection last.  It tends to disappear quickly from the face, arms and legs quickly once you establish a fat loss routine!

That concludes part 1 of this 2 part series!  In my next article, I'm going to give you the 411 on what you need to know to burn fat in the abdominal area.  Not just a little snippet, but EVERYTHING you need to know!  I'm even going to make it easy for you with pretty pictures, bullet points, and sorted lists!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment