Best Exercises To Do With Little Or No Exercise Equipment



When it comes to staying in shape, I'm one of the lucky ones.  Since I specialize in on-location personal training, it's a lot easier for me to stay in decent shape.  In the trunk of my car is everything available to get a great workout.  Not everyone is so lucky though.  As a matter of fact, mostly people aren't so lucky.

The information I'm going to provide is great for those who don't have the money to invest in equipment, don't have any room for extra exercise equipment, or those who go on vacation and don't want to bring all of their equipment with them.

If you have zero exercise modalities, here are the top exercises I recommend to get a great workout!

For upper body:

-Push Ups
-Tricep Dips (Requires a chair)

For lower body:

-Squats
-Lunges
-Fire Hydrants
-Donkey Kicks
-Calf Raises

For abs:

-Basic Crunches
-Reverse Crunches
-Planks

Cardio:

-Running in place
-Jumping Jacks
-Jump Rope (Okay, I cheated!  Requires a smaller piece of equipment!)

If you want a more advanced workout, I highly recommend that you invest in a set of resistance bands.  These are inexpensive, don't take up much (if any) room, can be easily stored away, and are very portable!  You can practically work every muscle group with a good set of resistance bands!  If you have any more questions on working out on vacation and making use of your surroundings, shoot me a message!

I always recommend body weight exercises for those just starting out with a fitness routine.  You can do them on the spot practically anywhere!  If you are battling for time, you can always utilize the tips in this article on your lunch break at the office, during commercial breaks when you're watching TV, or in the morning when you roll out of bed!


You can get a decent workout in if you keep the intensity moderate to high and switch between exercises with little or no break periods.  It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Justin,

    I'm considering investing in resistance bands. Do you recommend any particular brand?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawnta',

    Thanks for the comment! The best resistance bands that I've come across are "Flexcords". They're great for commercial use.

    However, if you want something a bit cheaper, but still durable quality, SPARQ or Reebok make great bands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog! I love the tips.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete