How Many Calories Does The KFC Double Down Have?



I thought I have seen it all in the fast food industry.  KFC recently introduced its newest creation, the Double Down.  Two slices of boneless fried chicken, two slices of cheese, and two slices of bacon.  How many calories does the KFC double down have?

With their slogan "so much chicken, there wasn't room for a bun", KFC is definitely pushing the trends lately.  The customers are also showing their appreciation for the chicken sandwich, and I use the term 'sandwich' very loosely!  It doesn't look like the amount of sodium and calories in this thing has stopped the popularity of the new menu item.

So the question is asked; how many calories does it pack?

A whopping 540 calories is how much punch this sandwich packs.

Wait,  540 calories?  That's it?  That's less than my favorite burger!

Alright, so the calorie count isn't as high as I thought it would be for the item.  Still, I wouldn't recommend chowing down on these every day of the week.  With 1,380 milligrams of sodium and 32 grams of fat, there are better options out there.

And hey, if you MUST eat one of these babies every day, there's always the grilled Double Down alternative, which boasts a respectable 460 calories-- but don't let the calorie count fool you.  The grilled option actually has more sodium than the fried DD.  So choose wisely.

You can always get the recipes of your favorite fast food items and make them yourself at home!  This website allows you to not only save money, but you can also make wiser choices with the ingredients!  Click here to see for yourself!

17 comments:

  1. how about just suck down a ladle full of Crisco & a cup of salt? that's pretty much a similar equivalent, when you think about it on those terms you see how truly irrational the "sandwich with no room for a bun" really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but Crisco and salt doesn't taste nearly as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot believe it only has 540 calories. nope, don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if your a person that gets up of the couch every once and awhile maybe go to the gym, this is a great sandwich coming in with 53 grams of protein for the fried and 61 grams for the grilled all at only 460 or 540 calories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me hungry.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy....I gots a treadmill, I could work this off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "if your a person that gets up of the couch every once and awhile maybe go to the gym, this is a great sandwich coming in with 53 grams of protein for the fried and 61 grams for the grilled all at only 460 or 540 calories"

    It's still not a great sandwich by any means. It doesn't just come down to the amount of calories at all. You also need to take into account the 32 grams of fat and all the sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just ate one. was a bit of a lightweight compared to HJ's Quadruple Cheeseburger...which has 1000 calories and so much fat...now that is a coronary waiting to happen...

    ReplyDelete
  9. efdsfdsfdsfdsfsf [sorry cant understand english]

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi double down

    ReplyDelete
  11. it should be called "double up"

    ReplyDelete
  12. everyone check this out

    www.indiegogo/cancer-fundraiser

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a pretty health conscience person and I just ate a double down, which is how I found this article, I needed to know how many calories because I track my calorie intake every day. It tasted pretty amazing, considering I rarely eat fast food I felt fine downing this beast. I probably won't do it again for at least another month or two, but I'm in the gym 4 days a week and play a rec sport 4 days a week so I think an occasional splurge on calories is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. its 560 man wgat r u saying

    ReplyDelete