How To Get More Sleep Almost Instantly: 10 Tips To Sleepy Freedom



Do you have a hard time falling asleep?  Need to fall asleep instantly? I know I do. I'd go to bed at 9 PM every night and not fall asleep until midnight most of the time. My mind would race as I worried about the next day's events, finances, personal problems, etc. When I finally did fall asleep, it seems my alarm clock would immediately go off.

How about this one-- you wake up way too often. Whether it's from the fact that you don't sleep heavily, are easily startled, or there's just too much noise going on around you or outside, it's really annoying to wake up several times in a night. This can really irritate your sleeping schedule.

Here are a few tips and tricks I learned over the years to help me get a better night's sleep-- and they've worked. Not all of these are for everyone, but you're bound to find something that you can add to your routine.

1. Cover up your clock. You heard me. Cover it up with a shirt, turn it facing the wall, whatever it takes for you to not be able to see the time anymore. I'm willing to bet that every single time you wake up at night, the first think you do is look at the time. If it's two hours before you have to be up, you start fretting over it. BUT, if you don't know what time it is, you'll be more likely to fall back asleep without any hassle.

2. Create a background noise. Light music, a white noise CD, or my personal favorite-- a small portable fan. I turn it on every night. It drowns out the noise of dogs barking, crickets, and just general "outside" noise. It's really improved the quality of my sleeping ten-fold.

3. Stay away from high sugar snacks and sodas at least two hours before bedtime. Do you really want that extra energy before you're supposed to be sleeping? These things can make it almost impossible to fall asleep immediately.

4. Block out light. If you have to put thicker curtains over the windows, then do it. Wear eye covers if you have to.

5. Get in the habit of routine. If you do the exact same thing before bed every night, then your body begins to establish a pattern of routine. This will help your body prepare for shutting down at night if you do the same things to prepare for bed time.

6. Exercise, but not right before bed. This helps expend your body of extra energy so that you're more likely to fall asleep easily. Do not, however, exercise before bed. It raises your blood pressure and keeps you awake longer.

7. Use the bathroom before going to bed. This one should be the obvious one. If you don't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, you'll sleep better.

8. Go to bed earlier than usual. The extra hour of winding down can come in handy.

9. Wear socks. Wearing socks, especially in those with poor circulation, helps with cold feet. This is a big cause of waking up at night.

10. A hot shower or bath before bed. This warms the body up and relaxes it, putting it in the perfect mood to fall asleep.

Tired yet? Get to bed!

13 comments:

  1. thanks its really good and helped me a lot.
    thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(the tips) helped me a lot"....

    yeah right, that is why you are still awake at 1:01 AM on the computer surfing right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im only a kid but this will help with christmas coming up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks man.. I have been reading all about "How to get to sleep instantly" simply because im going to boarding school and i have a hard time sleeping as i am a night person(i vacuum the house at like 2am)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I have loads of trouble and can stay reading for HOUrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh... I should be asleep right now. I've been surfing the internet, just looking for some sleep help. I hope this helps... *snore...*

    ReplyDelete
  7. all these site dont tell you how to fall asleep instantly im about game to play the chocking game with my self and go into coma

    ReplyDelete
  8. no sleep for a few days

    ReplyDelete
  9. do not go on the computer befor you go to bed becuase that is what also keeps you awake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, these tips were a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. im going to try it!
    brb tomoro and i will update you on the results!
    i have school tomoro so yeA.
    and another ting:dont go to bed hungry

    ReplyDelete
  12. dident work for me because im in bed right now im 11 but thans anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything worked! Even the soothing music of ONE DIRECTION!

    ReplyDelete