I Don't Have Time To Work Out




It's true. I don't have time to workout. I work six days a week and
I'm only off one day. You think I want to spend my only day off
sweating and working out? HA! Sorry, I just don't have time for it.

I wake up at 4:30 AM every single morning and work until 8 or 9 PM
most nights. I work two jobs: I have another job and I run my
personal training company. I don't have time for exercise.

But I do it anyway.

Not only is it expected of me, but I hold myself to a higher
standard. I spend all day working out others. There are days when I
honestly am too tired to squeeze in a workout, but I do it anyway.

Why?

Because it's a priority. Just as I sleep, brush my teeth, and eat-- I
exercise. It's part of my daily routine.

Sometimes, I have to drive it into the heads of my clients how
important exercise is. It's a surreal shame that in today's society,
I have to start from square one with some people. When most clients
hire me, they already know the importance of exercise. Others hire me
because their husband or wife is on their case. They also only want
the cosmetic benefits of exercise.

"I just want to look better" is the reason I get sometimes when I ask
someone why they hired me.

If you want to look better, go buy a new wardrobe. Put on makeup.
Get a haircut. But don't come to me because you want to "look better"
and that's your ONLY reason for wanting to work out.

There's a reason I'm saying this.

Why?

Because if your ONLY reason for dropping weight is just to look
better, one of two things will happen:

1) You will drop weight. Some or a lot. But you will gain it back.

2) You will realize how much effort you have to put into a fitness
program, and you will give up.

If you start working out just for the cosmetic benefits, your
priorities are out of whack. In order to stick to a workout routine,
you must get into your mind the idea that this is for your health and
your life.

Your goal isn't to work out, then stop after you've reached your goal
weight, is it? Nope. If you stop working out after you reach your
goal, guess what?

Oh, I think you know.

However, if you choose life long reasons for exercising, you're more
likely to stick to it in the long term. You'll be more likely to make
it a lifestyle instead of just another fad.

And yes, looking good is an added benefit.

Think about it.

For more articles like this, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment